Thursday, October 25, 2007

FOOL!

Here's an interesting topic. Have you ever thought of yourself as a fool? Or for that matter, better than a fool? These are the verses in Proverbs from the past couple days' readings of the One-Year-Bible.

Proverbs 26:6-12
"Trusting a fool to convey a message is like cutting off one's feet or drinking poison! A proverb in the mouth of a fool is as useless as a paralyed leg. Honoring a fool is as foolish as tying a stone to a slingshot. A proverb in the mouth of a fool is like a thorny branch brandished by a drunk. An employer who hires a fool or a bystander is like an archer who shoots at random. As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness."

Quite a description on fools. Reading these verses, we have some vivid pictures painted for our minds on what fools are. Different people come to your minds,too?

Finish reading verse 12.
"THERE IS MORE HOPE FOR FOOLS THAN FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE WISE."

As a person who often struggles with pride, this stops me in my tracks. I don't think of myself as a fool very often, although I'm quick to place others under that heading. Maybe it'd be better to think of myself as a fool rather than think of myself as wise.

Maybe I should take a break from blogging for a while? It seems dangerous to be thinking there are people out there longing for my wisdom. Thankfully, that never was my reason for blogging in the first place. We'll just stick to using this blog as a pathway to write and clear my head.

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment