Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Friendship in the Deep

What is a one of the main qualities you look for in a friend? This was one of the questions we discussed during our small group last night. Honesty, Loyalty, Sincerity, Comfort, Acceptance, a Listening ear: These were all some of the answers of what our group looks for in a friend.

I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many friends. More specifically, blessed with friends who don’t waste much time with surface conversation but are willing to jump into the deep and share what is going on in their life.

I love people who desire to share meaningful conversation. When I walk away from a discussion, my desire is to have learned something about God, the other person or even myself for that matter. Our lives are so busy and rushed that I want every moment to count.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Tristi. I find myself too often "spewing the fluff" in conversations. I've gone on for hours at a time with some people digging deeper into great topics... You'd think I'd try for that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I also have to comment on the pictures - they're great - very personal, very cool. Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete