Tuesday, October 30, 2007

PRAISE GOD!

The great thing about this blog is that I can write what I want to send out in e-mails and not feel uncertainty about sending them because you'll only read it if you want to come to my blog.

Just minutes after posting my latest entry that was filled with all kinds of honesty, my mom called with good news. Here's the e-mail most of you already received:

After I sent out the last e-mail, my mom called to say they did a biopsy on his tongue and were concerned that a fungus was attacking it and they would have to cut off a large part of his tongue. PRAISE GOD, that did NOT have to happen. They are 99% sure that it is bacterial and not fungal. Doctors even said the swelling seems to already be diminishing (they were administering antibiotics earlier as a precaution). Doctors only had positive things to say about the procedure. The tube went in just fine.

I cannot describe the relief I feel at this moment. I am in awe of how God continues to answer our prayers. Although it's a roller coaster ride, we always seem to be coming out on top. I am so grateful to have parents who taught me to go to the Bible and prayer for my comfort. Mom just quoted Psalm 100 to me over the phone with this good news.

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through generations."

Please continue to pray for no complications as a result of this procedure and for God's mercy to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment