Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Hope I'm Holding To

When I received the news yesterday about my Dad, we had not yet heard about the potential clinical study. My first reaction was to lose all hope and cry. I had too much to get done and my little girls see me crying all the time. I fought off my emotions and told myself I could deal with the news later after Nike was at school and Jaycie was napping.

I got on the treadmill after they were both settled and the words from the following song kept running through my mind. I am so grateful to know that my hope is in the Lord. Without Him, I just don't see how getting through all this would be possible.

What have I in this life
But the love in Your eyes
This empty world will one day fade
Only Your truth will remain

Jesus, all I have is You
You're the hope I'm holding to
I might weep but still my faith rests in You

As the heavens hold the skies
It's Your hand that holds my life
And Your love will lead me on
When all else is gone

No comments:

Post a Comment