Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dear Jesus...

Here’s a picture I don’t want to forget. My girls are eating doughnuts at their little table this morning – praying.

I did not catch the beginning of the prayer but here is what I witnessed:

Their hands are folded as Nikelle thanks God and prays:
“Please help Papa to feel better.”
“Please help Grams to take care of Papa.”
“Please help Papa not to die.”

Jaycie is simply repeating her big sister’s prayer as best as she can:

“Papa. Gaga.”

They are both holding their folded hands at their chins and I see Jaycie looking up (I only see Nike from behind).

“Amen.”

“Amen.”

They unfold their hands and picked up their doughnuts.

Aaah...the heart of a child.

And Jesus said: ‘I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18:3

1 comment: