Wednesday, November 28, 2007

For Sentimental Reasons

Next weekend is the Lifetime Fitness Reindeer Run that I talked Dad into completing with me last year (the picture I have plastered everywhere is from that run). I want to run it again this year but it looks like I’ll be doing it alone. I wanted a family member to run with me for sentimental reasons. I had talked my niece into it until she did a practice run outside in the cold. Not something she’s up for and I don’t blame her. It’s an adjustment learning to run in the cold. My sister-in-law, Fiona, would do it with me but unfortunately, she is still having issues with her IT band from our marathon training and cannot run. I want to run the 3.1 miles. Dad was pushing me to do my best last year and I want to keep that mentality this year.

My solution is to wake Rod and the girls up nice and early and drag them with me so I have family there at the start and finish of the race. During the race, they can enjoy the race day festivities with Santa or watch a DVD in the van.

I’m grateful I have such a supportive husband. I doubt there is another man in the world that would put up with me. God knew what he was doing when He gave Rod to me. I’m so grateful that God allowed Rod to get this job where he doesn’t travel anymore. I need him with me during this season of life and although he still has to work long hours, he’s home. The grass often looks greener on the other side but if we look closely, we would realize it is pretty darn good right where we are. We just need to appreciate it. Oftentimes, I take Rod’s love for granted. He lives the words “I love you” every day and because of him, I know what those words mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment