Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Little Perk

My body simply does not adjust to this “fall back” time change. No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot keep my eyes open past 8:00 p.m. It’s pathetic, I know. My poor husband gets zero time with me. The only way I survive past the time when the little hand reaches the 8 on the clock is if I am out for the evening. Even then, I struggle to stay awake and others pay for it in the days following because I’m so crabby from losing sleep. (Not to mention it’s also an excuse for me to eat too much. There’s really a connection between being overtired and overeating for me. But that’s another topic.)

There is actually a perk to my predicament. I wake up early. I have an internal alarm clock that wakes me up for some reason. Every day this week I’ve been up between 3:00 – 5:00 a.m. At this point, I’m certain some of you are struggling to see how there can be any sort of perk involved. Really, there is.

I love time by myself in the morning. During this time slot I can be fairly certain the girls will continue to sleep for at least another hour or more. So, I go into our bathroom, sit on the floor and open my Bible. The bathroom is just my one place I can go to be free of interruptions (at least when Rod is home to prevent them from bolting in).

The bathroom is my sanctuary. I like to turn on the space heater, get toasty warm, read, write and pray. God has met me there every morning this week. Honestly, if I simply make the time to join Him, I believe He’s always there waiting for me. Not necessarily in my bathroom per se. He’ll meet me wherever I go to find Him.

I could share so many verses I’ve been reading that have brought comfort to my heart this week. In future posts, I probably will. Today, however, I found Psalm 119:74 inspiring. It’s from our One-Year-Bible reading.

“May all who fear You find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in Your Word.”

What would it be like to know your hope in God allow others to find in you a cause for joy? I want this for myself. There are many verses I would like to be able to have applied to my life in the end. This is definitely another one I’m adding to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment