Monday, November 12, 2007

Rest in Hope

Yesterday, we were enjoying our first day of rest in quite some time. I pulled out my scrapbook materials while Rod prepared to watch the Bears game. When his parents called to invite us over for dinner and a visit with some extended family, we knew to accept the invitation. Afterall, who knows what tomorrow will bring? It was a good dinner (that I didn’t have to cook) and a nice visit with Rod’s parents, sister, Aunt, Uncles and cousin, Erin.

Erin is the one who inspired my post for today. As we were talking last night about the many daily struggles we face, we admitted that most of the time, there are always people in worse situations. That’s why she forwarded me this link: http://www.jenniferireland.blogs.com/. This is a blog that details a woman’s courageous battle with cancer as well as the effect of the battle on her husband and two little girls. From what I read, she was diagnosed with cancer shortly after the birth of their second child and lost her battle with cancer early this year. Her girls were only 4 and almost 2 at her death. The pain this family must have endured and yet the posts on this blog still show hope. Tears soak my face as I read through their struggle. Today, I lift a prayer that God would wrap His arms around this family during this holiday season as they experience their first Thanksgiving and Christmas without their loved one.

Hope. It’s’ an amazing gift from God. That was going to be the topic of my post today before receiving this link anyway. I am so grateful for HOPE. Without it, how would we get through one day? I’m hopeful that today will be a day filled with joy. I’m hopeful that Dad will beat this terrible disease. I’m hopeful that even if the holidays are celebrated this year without my Dad present, that we will have many celebrations to come. I’m hopeful for eternity. Eternity is where we will no longer have to say goodbye. Eternity is where we will no longer have tears. In Eternity, rest will be plentiful.

“Faith is being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see.” – Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment