Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Growing up, we always went to my Dad’s parents’ for the feast. All my aunts and uncles and cousins were there and my highlight was always the sweet potatoes! I LOVE sweet potatoes. Maybe that’s a strong word but I do thoroughly enjoy them. When I think of Thanksgiving, sweet potatoes come first on my list – not the pumpkin pie.

Another reason I’ve always enjoyed Thanksgiving is likely because it usually involved some celebration for my birthday. I was born on Thanksgiving Day in 1977 so I tell everyone that the purpose of our national holiday is to give thanks for me. Yes, I know, I think very highly of myself.

On a more serious note: There is so much to be thankful for this year. The focus of Thanksgiving is to have a grateful heart. What an awesome reminder to give thanks for everything God has done for us. Topping my list this year is good health. It’s a gift. We need to thank God daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment