Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Gift of Blood

My friend, Eva, has been a guest blogger on our Pastor's blog this week. She is encouraging us to consider donating blood.

I have had every intention of donating since completing the marathon. Thanks to Eva's prompting, I now have an appointment scheduled to donate blood.

I am overwhelmed with the realization that Dad is alive today partly because others have donated in the past. If you donate blood, here's a big thank you from me. You may very possibly have been directly responsible for my dad receiving the gift of blood and consequently, life.

If you have not given blood in the past, I am encouraging you to read Eva's posts and take the time to consider giving blood now. You can click on the following links to see her posts:


Blood Donation: Another Idea for Service

Blood Donation: Where to Give

Blood Donation: What to Expect

Blood Donation: Obstacles

No comments:

Post a Comment