Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007!

As I look back over 2007, there is much to thank God for. I have been able to accomplish much and He has been revealing Himself to me in a whole new way this past year.

The common question now is “What’s your New Year’s Resolution?” I don’t have one. I’ve made them in the past but here’s my thought on it all. Why do we need the changing of a calendar year to commit to doing things better? Better health. Better body. Better finances. Better relationships. These and many more tend to be the topic of such New Year’s Resolutions.

I do like to look back over the past year and plan for the upcoming one. My goal (not resolution) is to become healthier overall. I want to make better choices when it comes to eating. I’d like to be more active overall -- not just because I've set a goal of completing a marathon as I did in 2007 - but on a daily basis. It doesn't even necessarily have to be "exercise". My family could highly benefit if I just choose to be active with cleaning my house!. There is always room for improvement when it comes to my choices with relationships. And I have yet to conquer the finances, so it shouldn’t take too much to see improvement in this area either.

My biggest desire for better health, however, is my spiritual health. I want to “Be still and know God”. My thoughts run rampant. I find it very difficult to quiet my mind as well as my heart. Still, it must be possible. I’ve experienced it before. God longs to speak to me and I need to take time to listen. With all that goes on in this life, I think investing more time in my relationship with the God of the Universe is likely the best step towards a healthier me.

Here's to a healthy 2008!

1 comment: