Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A little Education

Nikelle's new dream for her future is to be a teacher. She told me she wants to attend school every day because she loves it so much. Her favorite person to "teach" is her little sister, Jaycie. The other morning as I was giving the girls a bath, Nikelle was in this mode of playing the educator.

It's routine to lather them up with lotion after bath time due to dry skin conditions. This particular morning, Jaycie was mesmerized by a mole that Nikelle has directly above her sternum. I was busy with the lotion and almost missed the life lesson Nikelle was giving her little sister.

"You'll get one of these when you turn 5-years-old, Jay Jay." I didn't want to burst her bubble as she was so proudly instructing her little sister. Still, I felt that I should to clarify. "Not everybody gets a mole in the middle of their chest when they turn 5-years-old, Nik."

I couldn't help but crack a smile. Nikelle just assumed that because there are certain changes that happen to our bodies as we get older, that this was one of them. I can only hope that's the only type of education she'll give her sister on the facts of life!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love how their little minds work! I am always in awe of the new things my children say and do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They keep life amusing, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete