Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dad Update 1-1-08 and Comfort for my Heart?

Dad's white blood cell count has jumped to 140. (They were wanting Dad to go to the emergency room when it was only at 40 to give you some comparison.) Currently, they are going to perform a procedure called Leukophoresis (LEW-kuh-for-E-sis): In this form of treatment, blood is drawn from the body, cleansed of white blood cells, and returned to the body minus the excess cells. This procedure could take about 4 hours. The goal is to lower the white blood cell count so they can administer chemotherapy once again.

At this moment I feel like I am being asked if I truly believe all these words that come out of my mouth? Is this God I believe in still the same God even as I watch my Dad go through such a difficult times? If there are any Bible verses that come to your mind right now for me, I'd more than welcome them. I realize it's difficult to know what to say to people who are experiencing trials like these. Please know I welcome prayers and God's Word to comfort my heart.

Thank you for your prayers for my Dad.

5 comments:

  1. Tristi,
    2 Corinthians 1:1-7
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
    We will be praying, Let us know if there is any other way we may help.
    love,
    Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And we know that, in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."

    Tristi, I am continuing to pray for you and your family.

    Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romans 8:18
    "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

    ReplyDelete