Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Most days, I just want all of this with my dad to be a bad dream that I wake up from. Dad had another IV push of chemo on Monday. His white blood cell count is around .5 and they are starting him on antibiotics because he might be fighting something (sore throat and sores in his mouth). Other than that, there's not too much to report.

My niece, Sabrina (she'll be 16 this Spring), sent me this poem yesterday that she wrote. She agreed that it was o.k. for me to share it on my blog.

Seasons

Spring is around the corner,
Winter can not stay for long;
For it is just a season that lasts and now it's gone.
The snow will soon melt away,
The flowers shall then bloom.
I see the trees shake off the snow and say that it is time.
It has been a long winter and trials we've been through,
But spring shall come again and make everything new.
For we all have a season of winter it's true,
Wait the spring will come again and the sun shall warm you.
For eveything has a season and God will bring us through.

Written by: Sabrina N. Larson

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. - Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

  1. As I was doing my devotional time today, I found this verse at thought of you and your family.

    1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

    You remain always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete