Friday, January 11, 2008

My life's getting too easy

A little while back, my mom told me she thought my life was getting too easy; that I should have another child. I'm not so sure about that but I have gotten somewhat lax on caring for my children. Now that Jaycie is two, she and Nikelle generally play pretty well together. I don't have to watch them 24/7 as long as I keep my ears open. I enjoy this age.

This morning I wasn't too energetic. I decided to take a rest on the couch while they were playing. I guess I drifted off. Nikelle woke me up, "Mommy! Mommy! Jaycie has a poopy diaper and there is even some on the stairs!" That got me up off the couch.

We aren't actively pursuing potty training quite yet. Still, there have been numerous times Jaycie will use the potty chair. I bought pull-ups to encourage her and it's been quite convenient. She even changes herself at times.

I flew up the stairs (carefully watching where I stepped) and found her in Nike's room. Thankfully, she had not yet attempted to change her own diaper.

I needed to get started with my day and they were due for a bath today anyway.

1 comment: