Saturday, February 23, 2008

2-23-08

I just don't feel like blogging. I'm sad. Writing my feelings brings the tears flowing and all I want to do is sleep. There are many moments I am just at complete peace but overall there is still that feeling of sad.

One of the nice things about all of this is that we get to say goodbye. People are coming over that haven't seen Dad in quite some time and that is so comforting - especially to my mom. It's one thing that is great about Dad. He is showing his hope in heaven with the peace he has here in the end. He is fine with being surrounded by all of us.

Traci and I went to the funeral home on Thursday at the advice of some friends. I'm glad to have it out of the way. There wasn't much thinking involved because Dad has been able to express all of his wishes in regards to this as well. It's so hard not knowing how much time we have left with him. I already miss him. I miss his laugh. We have home videos playing a lot these days and his laugh is often what makes me cry. I'm going to miss that so very much.

I missed visiting over there yesterday. It's important I get my rest still and the girls need theirs as well. Besides, I promised Nike she could go to school yesterday. My emotions tend to get more raw when I'm not over there. Today, I'll head back. Dad has a fever today so I don't expect much wit. Still, there is something comforting about being with my family. He's leaving some strong footprints behind for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment