Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clinging to Faith

Dad has been on oxygen since Sunday night. He continues to run a fever. Although we still tell him things, there really is no communication on his end. We believe he is resting fairly comfortably from what we can see.

I still just find myself shaking my head over the whole situation. My human mind cannot make sense of all of this. There's just no way to. It all seems wrong. Still, I cling to faith. Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is exactly the situation we are in. Sure of heaven and eternal life. Certain of God and His hand working even now.

I found an outline Dad did from my wedding. He spoke at my reception and did not get to share everything he wanted to. It was cool to read through it. Just moments earlier, my mom and I were discussing the song they sang at my wedding, "Household of Faith" and the verse Romans 10:17 "Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the Word of God." Dad had this same verse written out in the outline. My parents truly are "one". It was just another comfort for my hurting heart. And another reason to keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment