Friday, February 8, 2008

An important calling

I was hesitant to go to MOPS last night. I am often asleep by 7:30 which is the start time. Drifting off to sleep last night after 10:00, I know God wanted me there to draw closer to Him.

Keri Wyatt Kent, the author of Breathe was the speaker last night. Much of what she said resounded with me. I'm clinging to one thing she said, in particular. "Your job is not to keep a perfect household. Your job is to raise your children to know they are loved by God and loved by you." That is such a relief! Although I often feel like a failure as a housekeeper, I can definitely achieve the more important calling to teach my children that they are loved. Not only by me and their Daddy but also by their Creator.

God was certainly speaking to me in other ways last night as well. I'll get to those later.

2 comments:

  1. That was one of the things that really jumped out at me last night too. It's something I think I always know is true, but it often gets lost in the day to day hard job I have as homemaker. It was so good to hear all of what she was saying. I could relate so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one thing that Keri said that jumped out at me too. Will my boys remember the fact that we had a "clean" house growing up or will they remember that we had a home filled with love and a mom that took the time during the day to show that she loved them and that God loves them?

    ReplyDelete