Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No more pain

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. Then He who sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. - Rev 21

Mom called this morning with the phone call I've been expecting. Dad became face-to-face with his Savior last night. He went in his sleep. God did not allow him to suffer for long. I'm grateful that he is whole again. He can see more clearly than ever. He's at Jesus' feet, bowed down and in awe over something he could never truly fathom here on earth. 1 Corinthians 13:12 says For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.


Oh, how I can't wait to be with him there for eternity! It's still sad and my tears will linger for a while but I am so grateful for this overwhelming peace of knowing where Dad is and that I will see him again. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

5 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristi, I don't have the words, so I'm not going to force it.

    Please know that Adam & I are praying for you & your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tristi,

    I'm so sorry for your loss! It's great to have the hope of Heaven isn't it?!? It reminds me of MercyMe's song "Homesick." I, too, just spent time at Northwestern Hospital (Thursday) with my gramma and we were all near her when she passed into eternity. Please know that I'll be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tristi, you and your family remain in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tristi...

    We are praying, rejoicing and mourning right with you.

    ReplyDelete