Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sick of it!

On Monday I went off of my anti-nausea medication. I've found that the meds make me completely exhausted and I am unable to think straight.

I was able to think more clearly for a couple of days which was nice. Today, I went back on the meds. It seems that all I've done the last two days is lose whatever I've been eating!

I would love to fast forward through February. My second trimester begins in March. I am so looking forward to being able to function again when this "morning" sickness stops. It went away with the second trimester in my other two pregnancies so I see no reason to believe any different with this one!

It seems like I've tried just about anything suggested to help with this but does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. When I was nauseous with my pregnancies (I was never as sick as you sound though) I would just have to make sure I ate some crackers or something with protein before I got out of bed or at least right after I got out of bed. Peppermint candies helped too. And just being very careful to not wait too long to eat and when I did eat it was little bits very often.
    I feel so bad for you. I'll pray that you can find something to give you a bit of relief and that this time goes by quickly.
    It's kind of a double whammy having all of this happen during the winter too. Being couped up without a lot of fresh air can't be helping things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl. I've been trying to eat a little bit every couple of hours today. It's helped because I've been on the meds. I attempt to include protein because I know that is supposed to help, too. Still, I appreciate your advice. It's good to be reminded that I'm doing the right things. Thanks for the prayers and your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the peppermints, either candy or tea. Those help a lot during my first pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rosie. Unfortunately, I have to be careful with the peppermints. They can sometimes have an adverse effect. Candy is a good idea and ginger tea is something I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete