Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sunshine

Dad continually wants to know what day it is, what time it is, and which direction he is facing. It's confusing to him and we can only imagine what it must feel like. He doesn't know the difference between daytime and nighttime. Partly because he sleeps so much and partly because he cannot see the sunshine. This is sad because dad loves the sunshine. Yesterday we were talking about it and I said that's probably all there will be is sunshine in heaven. My sister confirmed by saying there won't be any darkness in heaven. This morning as I was reading a book that was given to me, it quoted Revelation 22:5 "There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." That's nice to know he'll soon be able to see the sun again - this time in the presence of the Son!

2 comments:

  1. Tristi -
    I read this all the time and I never comment. Sometimes I read it and think its all a dream and we'll wake up.... maybe that's why I don't comment.

    I stopped to see your dad on Friday - I cried the whole 5-10 minutes I was there. I quickly told him of the great impact he had on my life, all the memories I have of playing at your house as a little girl, tagging along to all Will's bball games, etc....
    I told him how much I have been praying for both he and your mom. I hugged him and didn't want to let go... I said I love you and he said "I love you too sweetheart." (In my mind I just wanted it to be 1978 again and your dad tickling me, telling me a goofy story, or walking in the door from work at Mokena Sales so we could eat the pizza your mom made for dinner - you know we always waited 'til your dad got home to eat as a family!)
    I know I am rambling, but I have a lot of great memories - things you don't think about until times like these.
    As I left your parents house on Friday I told your mom she is the strongest woman I know.... she said "we have a strong God and he is always there for us when we need him most."
    That is the part that is very comforting to me... the strong faith your parents have. I know that God has been and will continue to be at the center of your dad's battle with cancer.

    I love you all very much. I feel so blessed to have all 4 of you (Will, Traci, Trent, and Tristi....and your extended families) in my life.

    Family is so important to me. This whole experience can only help us grow closer to each other and closer to God.

    Love LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeAnn, thanks for commenting. I agree - life would be better if Dad could still be the "tickle monster" as Nikelle calls Rod. All we have now is that hope of heaven. I'm glad you were able to see dad. Love, Tristi

    ReplyDelete