Monday, March 3, 2008

Thank you

Thank you to each of you for your outpouring of love and prayers. The prayers were obvious yesterday as a problem was worked out just minutes before the funeral service began. Prayers were also known as I was able to complete what my responsibility was (I did a lot of the talking) for the service without breaking down in tears (it was almost instantly after the service was over that the sobbing began). The weather was great and Dad's life was celebrated. I believe he would have been happy with the way everything went. The only part he would have been disappointed in was that he wasn't there with us. So, again, thank you.

Today begins life without this man that I love so much. It will be different but we know God will carry us through. Please continue to pray for my mom. I told Rod last night that I cannot imagine what it must be like to share life with someone every day and then all of a sudden you're alone. My heart hurts for her and we'll try to consume her life as much as possible with her grandkids. She's already back to serving and caring tomorrow as she takes her Aunt who broke her hip to a doctor's appointment. This is just the woman my mom is - that's one reason why Dad loved her so much.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff and I talked about you on the way home Saturday night. We talked about home much we admire your faith and strength. I am sure both of those qualities are traits you learned from your parents! As always you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if I can do anything to assist you with the transition to daily life, the "new" version of daily life. Take good care of yourself, as you have been doing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete