Thursday, April 24, 2008

More Radiation

Dad Carlson is supposed to begin undergoing radiation once again today. After further review, doctors determined that there are tumors pressing on his vertebrae and they are hopeful the radiation will correct this. As for the slightly cracked vertebrae, doctors are deciding not to fix that at this time. It sounds like there is more concern with the surgery that would be required than without.

All this being said, he has not begun chemotherapy. He is not in quite as much pain because they have him on morphine now. Although I am still dumbfounded as to why they've allowed him to suffer this way for quite so long. I realize morphine is not a drug you want to be on for an extended period of time but still.

Rod is able to take his dad's mind off the disease for a little bit as he makes some repairs in their bathroom. I know this has been something his dad has wanted to do for quite some time. It's good Rod can take that off his dad's shoulders.

We have to focus on today because the unknown future is scary. I don't want to have to think about it. Living this way is Biblical and it worked well in facing everything with my own dad.

One thing I know, we want to help as much as possible and visit with his dad as much as possible. It's one thing I look back on in my dad's life with fond memories and no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment