Wednesday, April 23, 2008

NO RESPECT!

Whatever happened to the days when people respected one another? I am so tired of this world! Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

My mom called me today to tell me that some lovely neighbor along the side of their property decided they didn't like where my parents fence has been located (for more than 20 years) and took it upon themselves to remove my parents fence! Further, they placed a cast iron fence on my parents property where they felt it appropriate.

There are so many things wrong with this scenario to me. Having worked for a real estate attorney, I know things can get pretty ugly but this is up there on the list! Really!? The neighbors, the fence company, everyone involved. I cannot believe the guts and ignorance involved here.

So as my dad dies from cancer and we attempt to move on with our lives, these people take advantage of the privacy and peace my dad attempted to create with his property. It's not enough that these people have their property nicely backed up to a 5-acre parcel of peacefulness with a fence and a row of trees. They just decide to be rude and arrogant and do what they feel is best for them. It is one thing after another. There is just no peace and no justice found here on this earth.

Everyone believes they have their "rights". When you try to do things the appropriate way, though, you just end up getting stepped on. It's exhausting to continue fighting all the selfish people out in this world.

The tax situation was finally corrected for the past two years. Still, it will continue to loom over our heads for every year in the future. We can only pray and wait.

The farm has had trespassers coming and stealing fish, taking down our "no trespassing" signs and leaving garbage all over the property. They even took a nest of goose eggs and threw them all over the property.

I'm thankful my dad isn't here to experience all of this. It would've saddened his heart deeply. He worked so hard for everything he had.

I'm just venting. Thankfully, this is my blog and I can.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on this one! Its so hard to have a Christ-like attitude when faced with such arrogance and obvious lack of compassion. "Vengeance is mine" says the Lord. In the mean time, if you need any help with redoing what's left of the fence, let me know. God is still good!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete