Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodbye, Dad Carlson

A little earlier today, we said goodbye to Rod's dad. It's the first time I was present when the life actually left someone's body. He smiled before he went - just about the finish of the National Anthem of the Cubs game. We'll miss him a lot but look forward to being united again one day.

Nikelle responded with all emotion flooding. I had to take her away from the house simply because she wasn't able to cope. I think the emotions she did not display when my dad died piled up top of the one's she's experiencing now.

Goodbye, Dad Carlson. You are loved much.

7 comments:

  1. Our hearts are filed with sympathy for your family! We are here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristi, my heart breaks for you guys. I am so sorry for your family's loss. We're praying with you & especially lifting up little Nikelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tristi,
    Just wanted you to know that we are praying for all of you.
    We love you!
    Aunt Becky & Uncle Charlie and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. This is so heavy for all of you. I'll be holding you up in prayer to our Comforter.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trist and Rod,
    Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your girls. I know that you have been amazed to have had the last week or so with him. It has been such a hard time for your family. Please know that we are praying for you.

    Sincerely,
    Jeff, Rachel and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tristi and Rod,

    I have been thinking about you guys all day and now I think I know why. Yesterday I heard a song by MercyMe that I hadn't in a while and it struck me again. "Homesick" does such a great job of dealing with the tearing of our hearts between the pain and the rejoicing. How can those two things possibly coexist? and yet they do. I think it is a gift for us that have hope, but it seems to hurt all the more with that knowledge of eternity. I wish we didn't have to wait to be united again.

    Our hearts are with you guys and we lift you all up in prayer.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tristi and Rod,

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you still.

    With love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete