Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 1/2 more months

Last night, Rod, the girls and I went out for pizza. We had been to this restaurant once or twice before and the girls seem to like it.

We informed the hostess that there were four of us and she lead us to a booth. Watching Nikelle scoot into the bench, I could tell that something wasn't right. The benches at the boothes move and this one was just too close to the table. I couldn't move it either because someone was already sitting on the other side.

With everyone watching and Nikelle already making herself comfortable, I had to inform the waitress that this wasn't going to work.

"I can't fit," I stated.
"You want me to get you another table?" she asked.
"I can't fit," I stated again.

How was I supposed to feel? Clearly, any adult couldn't fit into that spot. Still, with hearing recent comments such as "You're really gaining weight" and "I don't know where the other three months will go", this was just icing on the cake.

Thankfully, I was able to keep myself together. I rationally told myself that not even a normal size adult could not have fit there comfortably, let alone one with a belly like mine. We were seated at a table and enjoyed our dinner.

Only a few comments came from my daughter about this scenario.

"I wanted to sit in the booth."
"You fit last time."
"What happens if someone's too fat and sits in the chair."
I just smiled as she answered herself, "They'd squish it."

At least I know she didn't mean any harm by her comments.

2 1/2 more months. [sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment