Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where is God?

"Where is God when it hurts? He is in us - not in the things that hurt - helping to transform bad into good. We can safely say that God can bring good out of evil; we cannot say that God brings about evil in hopes of producing good." - Philip Yancey

I've been reading the book, WHERE IS GOD WHEN IT HURTS? by Philip Yancey. There is so much confusion in my mind during this season of life. Although this book does not take away the confusion, it directs my thoughts a little and gives quotes like this one that help me through this most difficult time in my life. I highly recommend this book although I'm not even half way through.

1 comment:

  1. A few years after my best friend died when I was 14, I read this book. The impact of its message was so profound. I cannot say when I was done that everything made sense, but I would begin to see that pain is actually a gift. Keep reading Tristi.

    ReplyDelete