Friday, August 22, 2008

AWESOME!

"AWESOME!" was Nikelle's response to the question of how her first day of school went. She says she is still a little nervous but was all smiles waiting for the bus this morning.

When I asked her if she was excited to go back to school today, she replied, "Yes." I asked her what her favorite part was. She chose to pose a question to me in reply. "Don't you know I have friends there, Mom? What's the matter, can't you think? Don't you have a brain?" I should probably take moments like these to reflect on how I speak in our home. I knew she was just kidding though so I chose to pretend that I didn't know her name when she "tested" my brain.

Knowing she rides the bus with a friend from Kindergarten and that she has a friend from preschool in her class is a comfort. She said her teacher is very nice and she sits at a table with all boys. Considering she loves to play with her boy cousins and has numerous friends that are boys, I think this will be just fine. Thankfully, she's just started the "ooh, gross" stage when it comes to people kissing!

It was a long day yesterday. By the evening, I had gone off the deep end and everyone just needed to go to bed. Jaycie had decided she wasn't going to nap and played for two hours in her room instead. When 4:00 rolled around, she was too much to handle. Putting her up in her bed for her own safety as well as my sanity, she fell asleep in seconds. Wanting her to still go to bed on time, I had to wake her up just shy of an hour later. Let me say that it was not a pleasant start to the evening!

Overall, I have to agree with Nikelle, though. It was an awesome day. I enjoyed one-on-one time with Jay and Nike enjoyed her first day at school. Hope day two receives another good report. Only two days of school and I am so very much looking forward to the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us! I love to hear how your day goes. I am glad it was an AWESOME day! It will be fun to hear everyday how Nike's day went, and some good one on one with Jaycie too. Enjoy the next couple weeks? With the "2" girls!! :) Before little Carlson arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the day was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete