Monday, September 1, 2008

Now overdue

I had grand plans of already having this baby and being back home before Nikelle returns to school tomorrow. That has not happened and unless something changes, will not be happening today either. I attempt to tell myself that the baby will come when it is ready and that is the best time for it to join us. At the same time, I'm anxious to be done with this pregnancy. I know I have only been pregnant for 9 months like everyone else but it does often feel like I've had the gestational period of an elephant with this one! I think with everything going on this year, it's made it seem extra long. I just keep attempting to get out of the house and do things to take my mind off of it. Nikelle was a week late and everything went just fine. My biggest concern is that my midwife will be gone next Saturday and I really want her around for the delivery rather than the doctor. She delivered both my girls and I've chosen her because I'm comfortable with her. The doctor is just supposed to be used if there are complications. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. There are plenty of days between now and then. I might as well get myself out and walking around today again. This baby is due to come sometime soon...or should I now say overdue?

1 comment:

  1. Is it time for a Burrito?!
    I've been thinking about you and keep checking on you. Please let us know when the event happens!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete