Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog Tag

Erik decided to invite me to play "blog tag". At first I decided to ignore it. I don't often take the time for these kind of things. Then I thought it would be good to evaluate why I blog. Afterall, if I can't come up with "5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively", it's probably not worth my time to continue blogging.

The rules were as follows:

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.

2. Link back to the person who tagged you.

3. Link back to L.L. Barkat who created the meme.

4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all

5. Post these rules — or just have fun breaking them.

Here are the ways blogging has affected me:

1. Therapy - Blogging was therapy for me throughout my dad’s battle with cancer. It still is. There’s something about using this as an outlet for my thoughts that heals my heart.

2. Connection - I am able to stay connected with friends and family in a way that the pace of life constantly fights against. I love being able to share updates on our life and know that if people care to know, they’ll read it here.

3. Passion - I have a passion for writing. Although life continues to keep my thoughts jumbled in my head, there are times that my passion is able to come alive and I am able to write and feel somewhat creative.

4. Change - I am changing through the blogging world. For one, I have to be willing to change when I’m sharing my life with others. I cannot blog about marriage needing to be a priority and not make it a priority in my own life. I don’t want to be a liar or a hypocrite. Additionally, reading the thoughts of other bloggers inspires change in my life as well.

5. Memories - I am able to use my blog to document cute things my kids say and do that I want to remember. I’ve always been told I should write things down when I relay them to others. I’ve never made it a priority. Now that I can sit and type on the computer to document it on this blog, the memories are here to look back on. I’ll always remember that at age 2, Jaycie thought little boys have tails!

I decided to respond immediately because it'll loom over me and stress me out if I don't (that's just my anal personality). Still, I'm choosing not to "tag" anyone else. (There's always someone that drops out of the game, isn't there?) Thanks, though, Erik. It was good for me to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment