Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Something to think about

The following song lyrics attempted to penetrate my heart a couple weeks ago:

I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how he could love me a sinner condemned, unclean.
How marvelous, How wonderful And my song shall ever be
How marvelous, How wonderful is my Savior's love for me
He took my sin and my sorrows and made them his very own
And bore the burden of Calvary and suffered and died alone

The words "and suffered and died alone" made me think. God really can relate to what my Dad and Rod's dad were going through. While we sat with our dads at the end of their lives, Christ had suffered and died alone. It's something to reflect on. Something to think about. Something to remember. In my pain, I cannot forget the pain Christ endured for us. We can know that he didn't create us and leave us. He cares. Even when we don't believe it. He still cares.

"The fact is, God did come. He entered this world in human flesh, and saw and felt for himself what this world is like." -- Philip Yancey, "Where is God When it Hurts?"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tristi,
    I know this comment isn't about your post, but I wanted to let you know that Emma is having a baby brother!! Ryan is very excited! He should be born sometime during the last week of February. We'll schedule it in a few weeks. We've decided to name him Collin, but are struggling with coming up with a middle name. It was great seeing you guys a couple weeks ago! We're looking forward to Christmas!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very exciting news for you guys! It's been 4 years since our family had a little boy so that'll be fun. Look forward to seeing you at Christmas as well. Thanks for sharing the good news!

    ReplyDelete