Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A month of Thankfulness

I tend to be an "all or nothing" kind of person. It's not exactly beneficial in my life. For example, if I don't eat right at one meal, I blow the entire day. After all, it has to be "all or nothing" in my world. This is an area I need to change in so many aspects of my life.

I had been tossing around posting one thing I am thankful for each and every day of November. I thought it would help me to quit all the grumbling I so easily succomb to and there is always so much to be grateful for that it shouldn't be a difficult task. Not to mention November is the month of Thanksgiving so it fits a theme. Here's the all or nothing: today is November 4th. Obviously, this is my first post. So, for the three days I missed...

1. Nikelle
2. Jaycie
3. Ande

I generally express gratitude for my girls and their good health. Still, there are times where it really overwhelms me and I want to be certain I do not take it for granted. After the video our Pastor played on Sunday , it hit me more than it does on normal days. After watching our dads die of cancer, I'm more aware of those around me fighting the disease. I'm hit with the greatness of the gift of good health especially when we see little kids battling such diseases. After taking the two youngest girls to the doctor yesterday for their check-ups, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for my girls' good health. It's not something I want to take for granted.

Thank you, Lord, for the three healthy, beautiful little girls you've loaned me for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment