Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10th

In the middle of folding a load of laundry, I pause.

The realization comes to me that all three kids are asleep.

I am folding laundry.

So many times, I long for quiet. Times where I have the opportunity to sort out my thoughts.

This is one of those moments.

I quick finish switching the laundry (I really needed some clean pants that fit).

I pour myself a bowl of cereal, cut up a banana, and fill a glass with water.

Sadly, I don't know where I've placed my Bible.

The computer is always on and I know my husband has the main page set to come up as Bible Gateway.

I open Internet Explorer.

Isaiah 1:18 is the verse of the day. “Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." For more to read, I pull up all of Isaiah 1. I reread verses 15-20.

I wonder about the state of my own life. Where am I? What would God say directly to me?

I need to find more time to hear His voice; more time where I can sit and clear my mind to read the Bible: His Word to me.

There is so much to be grateful for. Today I could pick the Bible, the internet or forgiveness. As none of these posts are in order of importance, today I am grateful for a quiet morning.

Thank you, Lord, for a morning where the girls sleep in and I can be reminded of how fulfilling time spent alone with you can be.

(Now the baby is crying as I finish this. Truly a gift.)

No comments:

Post a Comment