Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5 - Thank You

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

This is one of my daughter's memory verses this week for AWANA. Even at her young age, Nikelle is learning that she can talk directly to God.

There are many nights that Nikelle will wake her daddy because she is having nightmares. My husband will take her back to her bed and pray with her.

The other night, I happened to already be awake after feeding the baby when I saw Nikelle walk into our room. I got out of bed and at her request, climbed into bed with her. After a while, I decided to go back to my own room where I could sleep more soundly. Kissing her head, I told her to dream about the play she wanted to do with her friends.

Thinking I heard her talking to me, I stopped at the doorway of her room. I listened as I heared her voice. "Dear Jesus, please help me to not have anymore nightmares. Help me to dream about the play with Valerie and Page. Amen."

My heart swelled as I smiled and walked back to my bed. Although I had forgotten to pray with her, she was already learning the comfort that can be found at the feet of Jesus.

Prayer carries me through most days. It pulled me through our dads' battles with cancer; the pregnancies, labors, deliveries of all three of our girls; each and every race I've run; it's given me strength through trials and someone to share every joy of life with.

We have the privilege to pray for our family, friends, country and world.

"Thank you, Lord, for a direct line of communication with you. I love that we can lift our sorrows, joys, fears, worries, tears and requests directly to the Creator of the Universe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment