Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thank You 16

The sunrise.
The sunset.
A smile.
Beauty of Creation.
Light.
Colors.
A snowfall.
A rainbow.
Children playing.
A loved one's face.
The next step in front of me.

These are all things I can see which I often take for granted.

The other day I was looking through Nikelle's homework during the week of the presidential election. I happened to be on the telephone with a good friend at the time when I busted out laughing. This is what I read:

"John McCain likes to go hikeing. Barack Obama likes baskitball. I vote for John McCain because he fithged in a Whore and he thingks babys shode Not be Cillded When they are born."

Just in case you didn't catch it, John McCain fighted in a war, not a whore.

Our little girl does a fairly decent job spelling phonetically. This, however, is one for the scrapbooks. It just wouldn't have been the same without the gift of sight.

Thank you, Lord, for all the wonderful things I can see because you allow me to see them with my own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment