Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank You - November 14th

I love that I am the one who gets to take my daughter to and from the bus stop. I love that I can do her homework with her and hear about her day when she gets home.

I love that I am in charge of meals, bathtime and naptime. I get to play with puzzles and go on play dates.

I love that I get to see all of the "firsts". Their first smile, first laugh, first time rolling over, first step. It's a privilege to be a part of my girls' lives.

There was a time where I thought I would want to work when I had kids. I had a decent job that I was good at. Knowing this, there was a feeling of satisfaction in a job well done where people depended on me.

Thankfully, God changed my heart. By the time we were pregnant with Nikelle, I found my job stressful - over the top. I quit with no regrets.

Just to be sure I didn't have any regrets, I had the opportunity to fill in one week while I was pregnant with Jaycie. That was followed up with a job offer after Jaycie was born.

It was completely satisfying to say, "As long as I have the privilege of staying home, I will. I don't need to work and I am grateful for that."

I realize we are blessed that Rod has a job where I can stay home with the girls. There are things we have to deny ourselves and we have to watch our money. All in all, it's worth it.

"Thank you, Lord, that I can be a stay-at-home mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment