Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thanks on November 9

I'm back to attending my Weight Watchers meetings. Without these meetings, I allow myself to turn to food for comfort. My mindset is completely different when I attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings. With this support, I am encouraged to plan out my meals. To think about why I am eating and what I am eating rather than just reaching to whatever I can find and shoving it in my mouth.

I realize there are people who don't face this struggle. However, my relationship with food is one that has a tendency to control me. Weight Watchers gives me a plan. I don't need to guess which foods are okay to eat. All foods are acceptable in moderation. Their plan works for my life and allows me to feel good about my self-image as well as be healthier overall.

So, probably not one you'll find on many people's Thanksgiving list, but you find it on mine.

Thank you, Lord, for Weight Watchers.

2 comments:

  1. Tristi - I am glad that you posted this about WW. It is something that I am very thankful for as well, but might not have thought of it that way. It is something I need in my life and don't know what I would do without it. Do you want to know what I am thankful for, your blog! I have been reading your thanksgivings and it really opens my eyes to what I have to be thankful for in my life. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and I want you to know that your posts help me tremendously to concentrate on what matters most! If you ever need any support out of the WW meetings, you know where to find me!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. I didn't even realize you were reading my blog. Thanks for commenting. That support goes both ways! I'm here for you,too!

    ReplyDelete