Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forced to smile

Do you have something on a daily basis that forces you to smile? Something that no matter how hard you try to fight against it will still inevitably make you smile? I do. Usually without fail. Every morning. No matter how exhausted I am. No matter how irritated I am. I doesn't matter what the day prior held as far as frustrations and disappointments. It doesn't matter what kind of stresses the day ahead holds. If I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just want to grumble. If I wake up with the flu and can hardly move. It can still be dark outside. I can be woken out of a deep sleep.

When I walk into my baby's room and see her smile and squeal with glee, nothing can stop me from smiling. Consistently, the corners of my mouth will turn up and I feel my heart swell. She has to be undoubtedly one of the happiest babies on the face of the earth. Andelise is such a blessing and continually makes us smile - our faces and our hearts.

(Why is it then that I am having such a hard time catching this smile on camera? She is so enthralled with the camera that she stops smiling and laughing and simply stares. This is the closest picture I have to a smile recently.)






No comments:

Post a Comment