Thursday, January 22, 2009

Growing up too fast!


I think I woke up and realized my firstborn is growing up way too fast.

She has decided that she can pull her baby sister out of her crib. We have since had a conversation and she understands the dangers in that but I am allowing her more freedom in helping with her sister. Especially because her response to me was, "I just love her more than anything in the whole world!".

At bedtime, we have had to start telling her to finish the page she is reading and turn off her light. I really like that she is a bookworm!

Unfortunately, this lead to the first time I woke her up for school, left her to get ready and came back to no progress. As a matter of fact, I found her curled up asleep on the bathroom floor!

Oh, yeah. Not to mention there is just plenty of real life stuff she is learning about. The other day I wanted to rest on the sofa. I had to clear some toys off first. This is what I found:




Barbie is giving birth to Dora baby twins.

She's growing up fast!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Vanessa's cousin, Kristyn. Vanessa gave me the link to your blog a while back (after she was done catching up on mine).

    OMG!!! That is too funny about Barbie!! They sure do grow up fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to start following your blog,too. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest thing! How long was it before you stopped laughing?

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was more just shaking our heads. We are actually coming to expect these types of things from her.

    ReplyDelete