Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Book of Proverbs and My Friend, Food

The Bible has so much to say about changing my relationship with food. In particular, I thought I'd share some verses over the next few days that stood out to me while reading from the Book of Proverbs last month.

If you want to read the Bible but really just don't have any idea where to start, I highly recommend this reading plan. One chapter of Proverbs each day of the month. It was such a great month in terms of hearing God's voice and seeing specific applications for my life.

God has so much to say to us about our lives. We often hear insight from other people or share our own "wisdom" and think we just found out something wonderful. Truth is, God's probably said it first and we just don't know where exactly to pinpoint it in His Word. If you struggle with food, I hope these verses help you. They've been a huge help to me (although it is still a struggle for me every moment).

Tomorrow, the first verse from Proverbs that made an impression on me about my friend, food...

No comments:

Post a Comment