Monday, February 9, 2009

Dry crust v. Strife

"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife." - Proverbs 17:1

I just really related to this verse for some reason. I think because when I'm trying to come up with a decent dinner, sometimes I'm so unkind. I'm feeling hungry... the kids are hungry... we're all a bit crabby... Rod might be running a little late... the baby is tired... The dinner hour is hectic!

Dry crust (or something simple and not quite as tasty) is better than a feast if it helps me be a little bit kinder to those around me. Not to mention when I eat healthy, rather than feasting every day, I'm a nicer person as well.

It would do my family well if I learned to exercise some self-control and feed us simpler healthier meals without the strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment