Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I devour it all

"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has." - Proverbs 21:20

It never fails. If there is some type of treat in my house, I want to eat it all at once. My daughter brought home cupcakes that she won from a cake walk the other night. My younger daughter ate two and I asked my oldest if she wanted her second one. "No, I want to save it," she said. Save it, huh? That thought never really crosses my mind. I told her if she doesn't eat it today, it's going in the garbage. I simply cannot have sweets around.

Cupcakes, cookies, chocolate, etc. All of these things are literally devoured by me. It would be much better if I saved (or stored) these for a special occasion. Sounds like my 6-year-old might have more wisdom than her mother (at least on this topic).

No comments:

Post a Comment