Saturday, February 14, 2009

"If you find honey, eat just enough— too much of it, and you will vomit." - 25:16

Twice since the baby was born, I've gotten quite sick. The problem was that I could not identify if I had the flu or if I was sick simply because I had overeaten (this is a kind word for my binges) the night before. It's pretty sad if I'm attempting to determine between results of a binge v. the stomach flu.

Sometimes the Bible puts it so plainly we overlook it. Sounds like common sense, doesn't it? If you eat too much sweets, it will make you sick. We even tell this to our kids. When there is an addiction involved, we often don't use common sense.

It is truly time for change. I don't anticipate I'll be perfect when it comes to changing my eating habits. Small steps will get me there. I will fall down and have to get up. There will be setbacks and I will have to start over again. Still, I'm ready to start obeying and changing. As a Christ-follower, that's what I'm called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment