Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Motives and Success

"All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." - Proverbs 16:2-3

It is so easy to excuse away my bad eating habits. People try to be nice and tell me I just had a baby, that I look good, etc. Truth is, it all may seem innocent but I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. God knows, too.

Being thin is not motivating enough for me to lose weight. Even being healthy is not motivation enough (although it's a better reason than being thin). The most effective motivation is that my life must honor God. Gluttony is sin. I must change. I can excuse my eating habits away for whatever reason but God knows my true motives and it's about time I own up to them as well.

If I commit to the Lord my weight loss goal (as long as it is realistic, I will succeed).

No comments:

Post a Comment