Monday, March 16, 2009

My Daily Bread

I often find myself wondering why I can't keep up with the Joneses. It's so easy to find myself wondering why we can't have some of the toys, vacations or other fun conveniences that some people get to acquire. My husband and I are often wondering why we can't seem to save like some. Why we live paycheck to paycheck. He has a good paying job. We don't think we are too frivolous in our spending. We wonder constantly what we can do to change our financial situation.


I had been reading the Book of Proverbs recently and came across some verses that really freed me from this line of thought. Yesterday the verse came up again at church.

"Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." - Proverbs 30:7-9

God always provides for our needs. He ALWAYS has and I believe He ALWAYS will. At the same time, He does not give us an abundance of money so that we have too much and quit relying on Him. God gives us our daily bread. Just what we need for the moment. I am so grateful that I can trust my God in every situation. That includes our financial situation during these unstable times.

No comments:

Post a Comment