Monday, March 30, 2009

Rest in Reading

This weekend was pretty restful. We spent some time playing games with good friends. I got a little shopping done. Organized a little bit in the house. I also spent some time reading a novel my husband bought me for Valentine's Day. It feels good to be rested.

I think reading a good novel is one of the best ways for me to feel rested. My favorite author is Lori Wick. She has such a way with writing that throughout the storyline connects the reader with God. I come away feeling refreshed and longing to grow closer to God. She writes fictional stories. The storyline tends to be a romance. At the same time, she works in little sermons and prayers throughout her stories that leave you longing for more of God. You desire to learn the conclusion of the story and see how the characters all fair in the end. Yet, I am drawn to her novels because of the way she leaves me longing for God.

God is working on teaching me about rest. I'm enjoying the rest I've been getting along the way and I am looking forward to what He wants to teach me. I know it will all be for my benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment