Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kids say....

I made the mistake of going to the grocery store today. Actually, my mistake was procrastinating. I could have gone last night after Rod got home from work by myself and for some reason decided not to. Serves me right to have this cold, windy, rainy day to take my little girls shopping in.

There was a bright spot in my day, however. We passed some flowers in the store when Jaycie, 3 1/2-years-old, decided to share her thoughts with me. "Mommy, I wished I could give you some flowers next time you get married."

Sweet.

4 comments:

  1. Might be sweet for you, but what does Rod think?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To look at those things through a child's eye. You are thinking about what you have to get for food, and she just wants to share flowers with her mommy! How sweet indeed. Thanks for sharing, and brightening our day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod & I talk about the next time we get married all the time! :) There's plenty we wished we did differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love when the kids not so gently remind Jeff that "Mommy needs pretty flowers" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete