Thursday, April 23, 2009

Romance after 13 years

After almost 13 years of marriage, it's easy to overlook romance in our relationship. With three little girls and all of life's responsibilities, we forget or simply don't make the effort to do the little things that demonstrate love. Today my husband did something out of the ordinary which warmed my heart in a big way.

I can't tell you the last time I got an uninterrupted night of sleep. Last night was no different and it's taking a toll on my attitude and behavior. I'm walking around in a fog again. "Stupid" is the way many of my actions could be categorized lately.

Rod called me today from work at lunchtime (which is not the norm). He was calling to check on the girls because they have runny noses. More importantly, he was calling to find out what he could do specifically to help me get some rest. He even offered a suggestion.

That, my friends, is what I consider romantic.

1 comment:

  1. Cool - how thoughtful of Rod to think of you that way!

    I agree with you. It's so easy to caught up in the whirlwind of 3 little ones. Often times, I find that Adam doesn't get as much as he deserves of my "frequently low" ability to focus mentally!

    And yes, an night of uninterrupted sleep is priceless (granted, I don't have an infant anymore, so I get quite a few of them). I'd take that over a bouquet of flowers any day!!

    ReplyDelete