Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet anticipation

I may not be able to celebrate another year of my dad's life today as I would have a couple years ago. Still, I'm grateful that I can look forward to "with the ransomed in glory [God's] face I at last shall see". It's a sweet moment to anticipate. For now and through eternity, "it will be my joy through the ages to sing of [God's] love for me".

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Singing how marvelous!
how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous!
How wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

And with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
It will be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

(by Chris Tomlin)

I just shared with Nikelle the following verses in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. The result was a giggle of joy. She knows the "dead in Christ" include Papa and Grandpa. Being able to be reunited with them as we meet Jesus just adds to the sweetness. I think that response from a child is a good one for me to remember. How often is it that I cannot hold back a giggle of joy when I think of Christ coming back for us?

"13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words."

No comments:

Post a Comment