Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Don't cry over a broken egg

"If I buy a dozen eggs and I break one, I clean the broken egg up and get on with my day. I don't break the 11 other eggs!"

This quote was in my weekly e-mail from Weight Watchers. To say things have gotten out-of-control in my life is an understatement. Especially when it comes to what I put into my mouth.

Most days, I start out with a healthy breakfast and some days will even make it to lunch. Even on the days I make it through dinner, by the time I head for bed, I have completely blown any healthy eating for the day. In my mind, if I eat something unhealthy, it's a free-for-all the rest of the day (sometimes week).

This phrase is a good mental image for when those thoughts enter my mind. I wouldn't even think about breaking the other 11 eggs just because one broke. Time to keep that in mind when I feel like throwing out the rest of my day or week because of one unhealthy food choice.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder Tristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I just read your blog. I've been on an eating binge for the last few days. I need to get back on the wagon again.

    ReplyDelete